The golf club should be called “Sutton Hall Golf Club (herein after in these rules called “The Club”).
The Club is a proprietary Club, the sole manager of which (subject to these rules) Mr. Max Faulkner herein after called “the ProprietorsThe Proprietors will provide the Club with the club premises and all reasonable necessities for carrying on the Club in accordance with its objectives and these rules.
The Proprieties will be solely responsible for all expenses connected herewith, for the engagement, dismissal and payment of staff and for catering and all other matters which involve the major disbursement of monies.
The Committee refers to competition and handicap committee
The objectives of the Club shall be;
- i. To provide for all its members a golf course and clubhouse, for recreation social inter-course and refreshments (times open and content at proprietors discretion).
- ii. To promote and encourage the sport of golf
- iii. To institute and carry through competitions for the benefit of the members of the Club.
- iv. The Club agrees to recognise the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews as the ruling body of Amateur Golf and shall abide by the Rules of Golf and Amateur Status as laid down from time to times by the R & A.
- a. Membership shall consist of;
i. 7 day
ii. 5 day
iv. Intermediate plus
- b. Only male and female adult full subscriptions paying members (7 day) can be elected as office bearers. These members can be elected to the competition and handicap committee that controls all matters pertaining to these areas.
- c. The Seniors Section Representative and Ladies Section Representative may on occasion be selected from a membership level other than 7 day.
- d. 5 day members will enjoy membership rights from Monday to Friday inclusive
- e. Membership is not transferable
- a. Subscriptions shall become payable on the 14th October annually. Any member not fully paid within the allocated renewal time could forfeit his/her membership
5. COMPETITION AND HANDICAP COMMITTEE
- a. The competition and handicap committee shall consist of The Captain, Vice Captain, Senior Representative, Ladies Captain, Ladies Vice Captain, three club members and the Golf Professional/ Proprietors Representative.
Two thirds of the members are required to constitute a quorum.
- b. Members excluding the Proprietors, or his representative and the Golf Professional maybe re-elected bi-annually.
6. ELECTION OF COMPETITION AND HANDICAP COMMITTEE
The election of the committee members shall take place in the following manner:
- a.Any two full members of the club may nominate a member to serve on the committee. The name of each member so nominated shall be sent in writing to the committee at least twenty one days before the competition and handicap AGM, accompanied by a letter from the candidate consenting to serve if elected.
- b.A list of candidates shall be displayed on the notice board of club at least fourteen before the competition and handicap AGM. Each full member present shall be entitled to vote for any number of the candidates required to fill the vacancies.
- c.All new officers elected at the competition and handicap AGM shall take to their posts on the first day in January
7. ELECTION OF CAPTAINS
- The Captains and past Captains (who are still members of the club) will meet prior to the Quaich competition to nominate potential candidates for the position of Captain. A ballot will then take place, if a majority decision is not reached, the candidate with the least number of votes will be eliminated, and additional ballots will then take place until a majority decision is reached. The committee will then be informed of the result.
8. POWERS OF MEMBERS OF COMPETITION AND HANDICAP COMMITTEE
- The members committee, in addition to any powers herein after specifically conferred upon them, shall have the following powers and dutiesa.To control competitions b.To provide liaison between the members of the club and the Proprietors
The committee will be responsible for circulating members with details of meetings held in accordance with these rules.
10. GUEST OF MEMBERS
- a. Members may introduce friends to the use of the clubhouse. Should any such person wish to play the course, however, the appropriate green fee must be paid and the introducing member must play with his or her guest when on the course and must be responsible for their conduct. Three guests per member at any one time is maximum
- b. Golfers who wish to play the course but are not guests may pay a green fee.
11. COMPETITION AND HANDICAP COMMITTEE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The AGM of the competition and handicap committee shall be held each year in the month of December at such times and place as members committee shall determine.
12. CONDUCT OF MEMBERS
- a. A member may resign his or her membership at any time by letter delivered to the Proprietors at the club address
- b. The Proprietors may expel from the club (or suspend from membership for a specific period) any member whose conduct is such that in the opinion of the proprietors it might be injurious to associate with members of the club.
- c. Before a member of the club is expelled or suspended, the alleged offers conduct shall be inquired into and the person involved shall be given the opportunity to defend himself or herself and to justify or explain his or her behaviour.
- d. Having inquired into the events, if the Proprietors are of the opinion that the member is guilty of such conduct as mentioned above and that the member has failed to justify or explain it satisfactory, the Proprietors may either expel or suspend the offender at the Proprietors discretion.
- e. A member expelled shall forfeit all the privileges of membership without claim for any refund of subscriptions.
- f. No illegal betting or gaming, drunkenness, bad language or other misconduct shall be permitted on the club premises.
- g. Members will be refused entry to the club whilst deemed to be the influence of alcohol or drugs.
All complaints shall be made to the secretary/ proprietor and shall be in writing. The Proprietors decision shall be final .In no instance shall an employee of the Proprietor be reprimanded directly by a member.
14. CLUB PROPERTY
No member shall take away, or permit to be taken away from the clubhouse, under pretence whatsoever, or shall injure or destroy any article which is the property of the club.15.PROPERTY AND EFFECTSThe Proprietors shall in no circumstances be liable for loss or damage to property of members, their guests or other visitors to the club howsoever caused and whether by reason of negligence or otherwise or by any act or default of the club, its servants or agents.Subject to the provisions of the Unfair Contracts Terms 1977 and any amendments thereof the Proprietors shall not be liable for injury or death of members, their guests or other visitors to the club howsoever caused and whether by any act or default of the proprietors, its servants or agents. Persons on the club premises are there at their own risk.
Competitions shall be held at such time and under such conditions as the members committee and the Proprietors shall jointly determine
- MAJOR COMPETITIONS
Entry for major competitions will usually be open one month prior to the event and close 7 days beforehand.
- CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP
Saturday 31st Aug and Sunday 1st Sept –Everyone must qualify to play in this competition.
- ORDER OF MERIT
Points allocated to the top 50 players in the Monthly Medal & Major Competitions
- SUTTON HALL GOLF CLUB COMPETITIONS CONDITION OF ENTRY
The Conditions of Entry are published on notice boards throughout the club premises. You should familiarise yourself with them before entering any competition. The main conditions are;
You must have a valid handicap at the time of entry
The entry fee must be paid before playing
There are more comprehensive conditions that apply such as handicap limits etc. Please make sure you read the notice board copy. NB. To obtain a SHGC handicap you must submit 3 cards countersigned by a member